Sunday 14 August 2011

Digi.Kaf (St John's Rd, Glebe) 13th August 2011

One of our best!

After a slight glitch at the start ("No, you can't have a table for 6 until they all arrive" ??), this turned into one of our best brunch experiences.

Great food with an extensive and interesting menu. There was everything from pea and ham soup to nasi gorang to french toast to corn fritters. Even the regular affair, 'The Big Brekkie' also offered a 'not so big' option - genius!

We were joined this week with the 'extended family' and, whether it was the food, company or weather, we scored a 14/15 in the quiz. All hail the ubiquitous Beyonce! who, thanks to her media saturation, was even able to crack Brad's normal disdain for popular culture, to get us to within one point of a perfect score.
Andrew & Sal cogitate over their ratings...
...while Chesty Bond watches on from above.


RATINGS:

SAL: I rate this very highly. My corn fritters were delightful. A sweet tomato relish that was the perfect compliment to the fritters. I give it 5 golden eggs. It is certainly the best so far.

BRAD: Empathising with my uni compatriots, I went vego and was glad I did. The pesto mushrooms were perfect. I think my audible comment to the initial glitch, 'But, don't they know who we are?' may have helped but the service was excellent. This, as always is a critical factor for the perfect brunch exprience. I give it 4.5 golden eggs. My best score so far.

ANDREW: I was still hungry at the end but was helped over the line by mummy bear's leftovers. I thought the food was great and happy with our 'fluke' success on certain questions in the quiz. I rate this a 4.5 golden eggs. I'll be back.


2 comments:

  1. So glad you like Digi Kaf! It's my all time fav from my days living around the cnr. Wish I could of come but being a single mother with a greyhound to walk proved to hard to make your early start. Only kidding.. Nige was just at cricket. XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved it...you need to join us again before you pop

    ReplyDelete