Saturday 3 March 2012

Mad Spud Cafe - Crown Street Surry Hills

A fun noisy small cafe tucked in amongst the Organic and other cafes on this busy strip of Crown Street. Brunch this morning was great. Extra brain power from excellent Brunch Club guests this morning and we all enjoyed the quiz, even though I thought it was quite hard today.

The food and service here were great I really enjoyed the cheesy potato skins.


The cafe was full of young, trendy 'surry hills' people. We had alot to chat about this morning, one of our friends fresh back from the Argentine after a year away was getting advice on where to start looking for work. And politics was a hot topic of conversation this morning.  Let's hope Bob Carr doesn't leave Australia's foreign relations worse off, as he did the state of NSW. (Not all brunch clubbers are liberal voters by the way I would just like to put on the record -Andrew)

Regular brunch club guest Mummy Bear- that is now Granny bear- had to be reparked after arriving late and announcing that she had parked in a bus stop. After we responded with mouths agape she pleaded that she was only a little bit in the bus stop!! Her son took her keys and found her car completely parked in a bus zone (no little bit about it) and concluded that Granny Bear is definitely Eddie from 'Ab Fab' and her two children are Saffie.


(These photos are not from the 'incident' but are projections)

Quiz Results - I think it was 12 or 13 out of 15 today



 
 ANDREW: My mother is maybe the naughtiest mother who ever walked the earth. And now she's a granny what will grandson J.D think of her as a role model? I shudder to think. As for the cafe, I really liked it. Despite feeling a bit low with the flu. Loved my food. I remember it had beautiful haloumi in it. 4 eggs out of 5.

BRAD:

SAL: My brekkie was great and slightly different from the regular breakfast, I had an Oat Potato Penny Cake - that\s Irish for Potato cake, poached eggs, cows feta which was yum and a Guiness onion relish that was excellent. 4 Golden Eggs from me for service and food was 3 1/2.

GRANNY BEAR: Oh wait, I think my car is about to get towed. It's ok, I'll blame my husband.


No comments:

Post a Comment