Saturday 25 February 2012

Revolver Cafe (Annandale) 25 Feb 2012

Famous among the locals and many beyond, this cafe has a charming ambienace and fascinating history which revolves around its ressurection by a devoted groups of family and friends. The result is welcoming, cosy yet chic decor with a chocie of inside, window or footpath tables. We chose the window. Not that you have much choice. This is another one of those dreaded "sorry, we don't take bookings" establishments that are unfortunately becoming de rigueur in Sassy Sydney.

Any anxieties, however, were quickly allayed by the charming and genuine waiter who also turned out to be the owner. Such attention and care would prove to be the hallmark of our stay. We even met 'mum'! In short, excellent service.



Food? Well, I'll let our indidividual rankings explain.

We all agreed we'd be back and it is true to say that our dispositions throughout brunch and as we left were matched by the refreshingly sunny sky.

Quiz Results: 13/15. Better than expected, given the odd questions this week. Sal saved us again from total shame.

BRAD: I loved the frappes (they use frozen fruit rather than ice). Loved the sound of the menu but my suaerkraut and organic suasage didn't quite work. Too much rocket also let this dish down somewhat. The poached egg was welcome though. I loved the service and place itself but was a little disappointed with the food. Trying too hard?! 3 1/2 gholden eggs.

SAL: Yes Brad is right the Frappes were excellent. My smoked trout was good, a little less is more could have been applied with this dish and a touch of lime juice would have made it. Great service, the guy who wrote my name on a wait list - said "I'll call you when your table is ready" with an old Mum in the car this is what I call service. Full marks for service, but food needs work, ambience was very Annandale. 3 1/2 golden eggs from me this week.


ANDREW: Gosh, I've forgotten. But I think I concur with my esteemed bclubbers. 3.5 out of 5. Just remember it was a really fun morning!

1 comment:

  1. Nice to discover this little venture following on from our lunch today Brad. Will read and watch with interest...and perhaps get a few suggestions for places I must try! Andrew Laird

    ReplyDelete