Saturday 24 March 2012

Cafe Ella, Abercrombie Street, Darlington

An early start for the brunch club this morning one of the group off to a workshop for the day.. A beautiful Autumn morning sunny with a slight chill in the air I just love this time of year. Our destination this morning was Cafe Ella, a student haunt with a reputation for great coffee and bagels. The reputation for great bagels was correct and cost was very reasonable. The breakfast was interesting I had a bagel with eggs and bacon and it came with a salad, I presumed this can be eaten for lunch as well but I wasn't quite ready for lettuce at 8.30.

Conversation flowed as usual around politics awaiting the results from the Queensland election tonight and what's happening in the art world and the cinema. Our minds were not quite as sharp though as last weekend when we scored full marks for the quiz.












QUIZ: This week the score was 13/15 - well done Brad with the Flag question!!

SAL: Ample food (smaller servings would be better) but I have to remember the starving students!  3 golden eggs.

 BRAD:

ANDREW: Goodness me I have a terrible menu but I remember really enjoying my special style bacon and eggs. Think it was too early for me again. 3.5

JEAN:  The knives were too blunt to cut through my bagel!!

No comments:

Post a Comment