Saturday 16 June 2012

Esthers 61 Annandale Street, Annandale

A lovely corner cafe in Annandale's premier street. I enjoyed our brekkie this morning despite the groans from one of our members for starting at 9! Small space well turned out I liked the photos of the Chefs on the wall from the competition 'shoot the chef' they added to the ambience.

Discussion was still wandering through a film we'd all seen the night before which some of us liked & others not so keen so still some interesting chat about it ' Take This Waltz'.  Politics& theatre were given the usual airing - internal party politics particularly. Lady Macbeth is busy.

The menu had a wide selection, unfortunately I ordered the corn fritters and there was no tomato relish (a must with fritters) however a grilled tomato was produced very quickly. The big brekkie's looked okay but not much noise about it being fabulous. Service was efficient but we didn't feel as though anyone was having fun - the air was subdued - perhaps it is the gloomy weather!

If you are going to have flowers fresh is always best, however the arrangement of silk ones had a certain appeal as a centre piece.
We did well with the Herald quiz this morning 19/20!!!

A pleasurable brunch.
Sal: Three golden eggs - if you advertise relish and it's not on the menu and one is not told until the dish arrives explains my marked this morning. I did enjoy Esthers though and would go back again.





Brad: 3 1/2 Golden Eggs. Food was ok and I liked what they were doing with the decor (Especially the leaflets expalinign the historic significance of Esther) and a bonus 1/2 egg simply because of its location in one of my favourite suburbs.




Andrew: Sorry still sleeping & freezing my gonads off this very cold wintery Saturday morning. 9am on a sat morn is for sleeping not brunching. Enjoyed my food though it's hard to remember as I was sleepwalking. 3.5 GOLDEN sleepwalking EGGS





Though I did wake up in time to be naughty for this photograph!!!


Esther's Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment