Saturday 8 September 2012

The Bean Cafe Balmain

Well readers it is a challenge to blog a cafe three weeks after the fact. Unfortunately, I've been a slack bum & a busy bum but hopefully the memories of this lovely little Rozelle cafe at the top of Darling St will come seamlessly flooding back to me.

Firstly, I remember I arrived 45 mins early to this cafe as I had just dropped my friend Fliss at the airport for her return to Tassie & over-estimated the Maroubra to Airport to Rozelle trip on a sat morn. It was good to experience that Sydney hasn't yet quite yet come to Bangkok proportions of traffic.

So for 30 mins by myself I admired the decor, especially the framed original movie posters on the wall for classics  such as 'To Kill a Mockingbird', 'A Streetcar named Desire' & 'Rebel without a cause' as well as classic 60s/70s concerts.


When my esteemed fellow brunchers arrived talk soon brimmed with the possibilities of the excellent new STC season (we will be
doing Belvoir & STC this year) ;http://www.sydneytheatre.com.au/what%27s-on/season-2013.aspx

Also, this morn was the day of the Sydney council elections & so talk was ripe on one of our favourite subjects (especially two of us anyway!!) Sadly for those two, Sydney decided for more of Moore.

One outrageous thing, we decided that we had finally had enough of David Marr's vicious/bitchy/ repetitively myopic writing, so I tore his article on Tony Abbott (who I incidentally don't like) from the cover of the Good Weekend magazine & used it to mimic the wiping of my bottom. Now some of you may well be a fan of his & I apologise if my wiping offends (& I fear to write this due to the very close mutual friend we have in common) but the three of us had just had enough!
The food was delicious (not that I can really remember) & we achieved a perfect quiz score in what was remaining of the Good weekend.
BRAD: 3.5 golden eggs. Relieved to be back in a classy cafe after last week's truama.
SAL: 3.5 golden eggs. Concurred, happy to be free of the organic imprisonment.
ANDREW: 4 golden eggs. Staff were very nice too helping me also to love cafes again.

No comments:

Post a Comment