Saturday 26 May 2012

Sideways Deli Cafe, Constitution Road, Dulwich Hill , 26th May 2012

Where to start about this superlative inner-west cafe situated on a Dulwich Hill roundabout? We arrived sans Braddles to our second Brunch club outing (we never blogged it the 1st time) to the Sideways experience slightly late. Stopping at the roundabout we saw that there was only one table left at this deservedly ultra-popular spot so Sal did a bit of a drive-by, turfed me out & I made a frenzied beeline for a much coveted spot in the sun almost on top of the roundabout. While waiting for Sal to park I had three different wait staff ask me if I was being looked after & knew immediately that this Sat morn was going to be a memorable one.

Initially Sal & I chatted about the outstanding production we saw at Belvoir St last night of the reworked Eugene O'neill play 'Strange Interlude' http://www.belvoir.com.au/productions-1/strange-interlude  . While we were chatting, our missing third rib unexpectedly showed up fresh from his meet and greet the Wesley parents weekend extravaganza. What a thrill to have our missing third back! We felt whole again!

After this reunion excitement, we really got going. We covered politics(of course!!!! but interestingly Craig Thomson was only mentioned fleetingly), the best current theatre & film to see, Wesley parents, Wesley high table dinner guests &- my favourite topic- bowel movements which I like to discuss at the absolute top of my voice. Many hilarious antics ensued, Sal wearing two pairs of glasses at once (see pic), my heightened yawn which came out more like a cry for help or labor pains giving the table behind us quite a fright, titty litter (when food misses your plate and lands instead on your mammaries) & the waitress      mounting the curb in order to get the best picture of the three of us with the best back-lighting.

Unfortunately, our quiz score did not match our ecstatic mood & cafe experience this morning despite Sal intuiting that Norah Jones was born Geethali Shankar & my knowing that Pollock carked it in a car accident.
But when the cafe is this outstanding who gives a toss about the quiz.



ANDREW SAYS: Top notch in every aspect. This is about the most fun I've ever had at a brunch outing. Food & lovely cafe & customer service was unbeatable. Loved my green eggs. 5 GOLDEN EGGS, no question!

SAL SAYS: Brunching at this exquisite inner-west cafe on a beautiful crisp Saturday is what this brunch club is all about.
Lovely food, top-notch service and wonderful atmosphere make  this THE PICK of all the inner-west cafes.An unequivocal 5 GOLDEN EGGS

MEET THE PARENTS(Brad) SAYS: This was worth running away from my college commitments of pamper the parents weekend. Although I had already breakfast'ed my coffee and oh so cute tiny teddy were delicious. 4 GOLDEN EGGS but the reason I haven't been as effusive as my esteemed brunchers is because I was only in partial attendance.

No comments:

Post a Comment