Friday 4 May 2012

Indigo Double Bay

This week we decided to go up-market after a last minute decision to change our brunch club from Ripples Chowder Bay, due to its restrictive 8am to 1030am breakfast hours, into the heart of exclusivity, Ja'mie school girls, big hair, expensive bling bling & South African accents.

Arriving slightly late to our table in the middle of Cross st (kudos for that idea Indigo), I announced I wouldn't be making any derisive comments about the Double Pay experience but egged on by the famous sharp wit of the Lawrance sisters and the Vice Toff's aristocratic aspirations, it was not long before we were all participating in a running commentary on the ubiquitous designer sunnies of the clientele as well as the big boofy VO5 hair. A few deeply tragic  Ivana Trump styles led us to conclude that these women clearly are hated by their hairdressers, perhaps because they don't tip?

   Apart from our firing on all cylinders commentary, we had a great morning. Many many laughs. Sal and Susan Jane (our regular and cherished guest) had two guests along Bill & Julie who were loved by all.  Please come again! Topics canvassed included Bob Brown (did someone seriously compare him to Nelson Mandela?), the carbon tax, experiences in Africa and recounting tales from Ida & Jack Lawrance's wedding anniversary the night before.

     Turning to the back page to do the quiz we ecstatically discovered that the Herald has finally got our letter of protest and restored the questions to 20. This week we managed a very impressive 18/20. I guess the only downside is it may be more difficult for us to get 100% with the extra 5.


ANDREW SAYS: Despite this suburb directly reminding me of Ja'mie Louise King (see top photo in case you've forgotten), I surprisingly really enjoyed it. The food was beautifully delicious, if a good $5-$10 more expensive than our usual brunchclub cafe. Heck, I even bumped into two Lampe cousins. 4 GOLDEN EGGS


SAL SAYS: I miss the truffle infused eggs. Great service from the Scottish and Irish backpackers. 4 GOLDEN EGGS


BRAD SAYS: Darrrlink! I love it. My people love me and I love them! 4 Golden Eggs.

SUSAN JANE SAYS: I will never have VO5 hair. Please shoot me if I do!   









No comments:

Post a Comment